[News] [Rival] Windows Zombies Keep Slaughtering E-mail

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Zombies Keep Slaughtering E-mail
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:08:35 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
What Is A Botnet?

,----[ Quote ]
| Usually, the zombies in use of a botnet are compromised computers running the
| Microsoft Windows operating system that have been infected with some sort of
| malware.
`----

http://www.yoursdaily.com/science_tech/what_is_a_botnet

Watch this:

http://sharjeelsayed.googlepages.com/linux_mailer_marked_as_spam.JPG

Some can confirm that Hotmail has lost its way (see below). 2 days ago, my
grandfather sent me photos from Hotmail, but the message was intercepted.

Related:

If Intent Can Be Proven, Microsoft Could Face Millions Of Mail Fraud Charges

,----[ Quote ]
| The final results bore out the "conventional wisdom." If emails were donuts,
| Hotmail would be HomerSimpsonMail. I don't need to reiterate the figures,
| there they are in blue and red. But for a Hotmail account to destroy up to
| 81% of all emails with attachments prior to their delivery to a "generic" ISP
| email account is nothing short of absurd, as these Hotmail accounts were not
| the free variety, but the fully paid ones. Compare those figures to the ones
| where the generic ISP email accounts exchanged emails with attachments and
| you will clearly see the difference. The worst performance was in making 2%
| Vanish.
`----

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hotmail_Fails_To_Deliver_Up_To_81_Of_All_Attachment_Emails

Hotmail still riddled with spam

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to
| Hotmail addresses are spam.
|
| [...]
|
| The findings will disappoint Microsoft chairman Bill Gates, who
| predicted at the 2004 Davos World Economic Forum that spam would
| be "eliminated" within two years.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2188226/hotmail-riddled-spam-admits

Microsoft shipped OneCare unfinished?

,----[ Quote ]
| Since shipping in May, OneCare has failed industry tests and exposed
| users to attack because of a security flaw in the antivirus engine.
| The application also incorrectly flagged Gmail as a virus and in some
| cases quarantined or even deleted complete in-boxes when a single
| e-mail was laden with a virus.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10789_3-6168629.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Microsoft is the world's biggest cause of zombie remailers

,----[ Quote ]
| In China, it would take about one and one-half years wages (for the
| average Chinese) to buy a legitimate copy of Windows Vista. If you
| could find it here.
|
| Microsoft is the biggest cause of zombie remailers in the world,
| because they make noises, but do not do anything to address the
| real digital inequities in the world.

Botnet 'pandemic' threatens to strangle the net

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/26/botnet_threat/