[News] "Linux is actually winning the bling war"

  • Subject: [News] "Linux is actually winning the bling war"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 06:15:34 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
"Pretty much anything [Mac] has, Linux can do better." Hogwash. Can we kill the
zealotry?

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux has the bling. In my opinion, Linux is actually winning the bling war.
| Just check out Beryl/Compiz/Fusion.
`----

http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2007/07/pretty_much_anything_mac_has_l.html

AWN Applet Dialog test case

,----[ Quote ]
| Here's a quick video of my first test case of a "Topaz" style dialog in my
| AWN Monitor applet.
`----

http://aarobone.blogspot.com/2007/07/awn-applet-dialog-test-case.html

Widget Plugin [for Compiz-fusion]

,----[ Quote ]
| Now another problem you may have is that the screenlets may only appear on
| one desktop. To fix this, go to the Window Rules plugin and add this
| to ‘Sticky’
`----

http://smspillaz.wordpress.com/2007/07/27/widget-plugin/

MultiScreen Madness!