Re: Kudos to MS for admitting Vista mistake.....

____/ jim on Sunday 29 July 2007 23:16 : \____

> Yep, they admitted its a mistake - more by their actions (releasing an OEM
> tool to make it easier to roll back to XP from Vista) than by words.

http://www.infopackets.com/channels/en/windows/gazette/2007/20070704_microsoft_simplifies_xp_rollback.htm

Back in 2004 or 2005, Jim Allchin called Longhorn (Vista) a "pig" and decided
to go back to XP.

A history of Microsoft Windows - the inside story exposed

,----[ Quote ]
| 2005: (...)
| "MAKE IT WORK! FOR GOD'S SAKE, MAKE IT WORK! Well, throw it away
| and use the server version then, that seems all right. Look, they
| won't know the difference, drop the database stuff, nobody remembers
| what we said in 1995 now! That was ten years ago! "Apple has what?
| 3D acceleration? So, we have DirectX. What, in the desktop? Really?
| What, even Stallman's beardie-weirdies have it? Oh hell. Right, you
| lot, make it look like this!"

As a result, the same nasty bits found in Windows XP (making it insecure, among
other thing) remain inn Vista.

More than half of Microsoft Vista needs re-writing

,----[ Quote ]

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd 3-D Reversi: http://othellomaster.com