Re: Digg spurns Google for young Microsoft ..

> After takin' a swig o' grog, High Plains Thumper belched out this bit
> o' wisdom:
>> Erik Funkenbusch wrote:

>>> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_thread/thread/e8c5347cf29e598a/cca760d8ed09213e
>>
>> Hmmm, looks like a Funkenbusch situational ethics scenario to me.
>> See:
>
> "Funkenbusch situational ethics scenario"
>
> I like that.

Uhura : Captain, I'm picking up an incoming transmission, but it's
        highly distorted; the translator's having difficulty.
Kirk  : Can you clean it up?
Uhura : Yes Captain, it's coming through now. It appears to be the EM
        emissions from an ancient form of FUD.
Kirk  : What's the signature?
Spock : My analysis indicates it is "Microsoft" in origin.

[silence]

Kirk  : It couldn't be... We marooned him on COLA Killfile 5, years ago.
Spock : Logic dictates that Funkenbusch somehow managed to escape.

Chekov: A FUD transporter vessel has just decloaked, dead ahead.
Kirk  : On screen!
Chekov: Aye Cap'in.
Uhura : Captain, the FUD transmission is shuffling from one frequency to
        another, I can't keep a lock on it.
Spock : This tactic seems quite familiar.
Kirk  : Looks like a Funkenbusch Situational Ethics Scenario.
Spock : Yes Captain.

Chekov: He's powering weapons.
Kirk  : Red Alert! Raise Shields!
Chekov: Incoming FUD missile.
Kirk  : Reroute power to the main deflectors!
Chekov: Aye Cap'in.
Kirk  : Brace for impact!
Spock : Direct hit. Shields at 80%.
Kirk  : Deploy the FACTS missiles, full spread.
Chekov: Aye Cap'in, FACTS launched.
Kirk  : Status!
Chekov: We've destroyed his FUD array sir, he's running away.

Kirk  : Sulu, take us out of here, maximum warp!
Sulu  : Aye Captain.
Spock : Captain, shouldn't we pursue?
Kirk  : Funkenbusch? No, he's not worth the effort. We need to follow
        the Prime Directive and complete the mission.

[Queue music]

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Computer games don’t affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as
| kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills
| and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 01:35:25 up 29 days, 29 min,  5 users,  load average: 0.35, 0.67, 0.52