Re: [sclug] Defective by Design - BBC London Protest - August 14th (also, Manchester?)

John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:
> On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 13:46:43 +0100, Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> ____/ Mark Kent on Sunday 29 July 2007 12:13 : \____
>>
>>The decision to waste licence-payer's money paying Microsoft to develop
>>code which could very easily have been done by capable local or foreign
>>people in a platform agnostic way is one for which heads should role.
>>I'm assuming that Ashley Highfield is at the centre of this, but it also
>>appears that the BBC Trust should be dissolved, and that Alistair
>>Faquarson also should be removed from the National Archives, as he is
>>clearly not pro-open-standards, which is not a position an archivist
>>should even /contemplate/ taking.
> I've decided to ignore all of this TV web crap. Besides, I have my Fawlty
> Towers, Black Adder and Red Dwarf DVDs. Now there was some REAL TV
> programming back when the BBC had great heart.

There's still the odd good thing to come out of the beeb...
Usually not from bbc tv centre though...

Dr who/torchwood/sarah jane (bbc wales/cardiff)
Still Game (bbc scotland)
Even red dwarf began at bbc manchester.
|   spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx   |                                                 |
|Andrew Halliwell BSc(hons)| "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!"          |
|            in            | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
|     Computer Science     | - Father Jack in "Father Ted"                   |