Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Still Loathed (Digest)

[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
> Verily I say unto thee, that John Locke spake thusly:
>
>> It is time for Microsoft to create a streamlined, basic OS for people
>> that don't want all the junk that's in  Vista. This would greatly
>> enhance the image of this company.
>
> Frankly I think it's just time for the Microsoft dinosaur to become
> extinct; and allow a modern, enlightened society to work towards Open
> Standards and Free Software.

No reasonable society would accept monopolies like this, apart from the
old communist regimes where everythign was a monopoly (Russia, China,
etc.).

> I have little interest in any company succeeding or failing, beyond that
> which is listed in my portfolio, and for that I'd need to consult with
> Cofunds, since I simple don't care about the details, beyond whether it
> is going up or down. That's why I pay the fund manager a commission, so
> I don't need to care about the boring details of corporate activity.
>
> The only thing that is ever likely to make me care, is if a given
> company somehow interferes with my personal freedom, like - say -
> inhibiting my choices of cheap, mass-volume, OEM computer systems;
> limiting my choice of certain hardware due to closed standards, etc.
>
> Then I care.

Microsoft are only interested in revenue associated with licensing, they
care not one jot about customers, except in the broadest sense (like how
many are giving us how much).