Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Still Loathed (Digest)

Verily I say unto thee, that John Locke spake thusly:

> It is time for Microsoft to create a streamlined, basic OS for people
> that don't want all the junk that's in  Vista. This would greatly
> enhance the image of this company.

Frankly I think it's just time for the Microsoft dinosaur to become
extinct; and allow a modern, enlightened society to work towards Open
Standards and Free Software.

I have little interest in any company succeeding or failing, beyond that
which is listed in my portfolio, and for that I'd need to consult with
Cofunds, since I simple don't care about the details, beyond whether it
is going up or down. That's why I pay the fund manager a commission, so
I don't need to care about the boring details of corporate activity.

The only thing that is ever likely to make me care, is if a given
company somehow interferes with my personal freedom, like - say -
inhibiting my choices of cheap, mass-volume, OEM computer systems;
limiting my choice of certain hardware due to closed standards, etc.

Then I care.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Computer games don’t affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as
| kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills
| and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 01:22:58 up 28 days, 17 min,  5 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.22, 0.16