Re: Digg spurns Google for young Microsoft ..

In article <f8g7ls$oeb$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2007-07-28, Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Since there was no data whatsoever to support his initial numbers, just
> > where do you think he came up with them?
>
> That number, no he could not support the number.However
> like I said the premise is correct and he did offer
> sources for that.
>
> Source:
>
> searchwin2000.techtarget.com/ateExpertBio/0,289623,sid1_cid394091,00.html
>
> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2077596,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K...

Could you point out in there where it says Rod Trent is posting a bunch
of pro-Microsoft things on Digg?  I can't seem to find anything in there
about Rod Trent.

> > And when he was shown that they were very wrong, why do you think he
> > tried to change his claim to be that he meant comments, not submissions,
> > even though there was no data whatsoever to support that claim, either?
>
> He did support the original claim, he just couldn't
> support the number he quoted.
>
> Another source.
>
> http://laughingsquid.com/microsoft-sent-a-free-laptop-with-windows-vi...

Again, I can't find anything there about Rod Trent's Digg posts.  Can
you point it out?

> > So if he posts enough good posts, it's OK with you if he purposefully
> > lies now and then?
>
> I don't believe he is purposely lying.
> If you can prove that I would be interested in seeing it.

How else do you explain his claims about Rod Trent's Digg postings?

Maybe you should read the thread I linked to again.  Roy was not making
a general claim that there exist shills.  He made a very specific claim,
about a very specific person (a person who has never, as far as I can
see, posted here, and was not, as far as I've seen, ever even mentioned
here until Roy attacked him).  His claim was shown to be wrong--so wrong
that it is not even plausible that it could have been made in error.  He
had no defense, other than to try to chance the claim to another, which
was shown to be as wrong.

--
--Tim Smith