Re: M$ Office raid in Hungary

____/ William Poaster on Sunday 29 July 2007 00:16 : \____

> Probes into M$'s relationships with large software companies.
> "According to the statement, Microsoft used sales conditions and offered
> software distributors incentives - described as "loyalty discounts" - so
> they wouldn't offer clients anything but Microsoft Office products."
> [==]
> "Such behavior could lead to the exclusion of competitive products from
> the market and violate European Union rules, according to the authority
> known as the GVH."
> http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2007/07/26/ap3957835.html
>
> Of course on the surface, this may only seem to be local to Hungary. It's
> perhaps likely that a direct link back to the mothership at Redmond can't
> be established, (nothing written down, etc) so M$ HQ can deny all
> knowledge of this. But I wonder, in how many other EU countries is M$
> doing this sort of thing.....

They certainly have Gordon Brown in their pockets. I heard this from a reputed
source. They actually seem to be very proud (even outwardly in the media)
about their Mafia-like culture. I was given some examples from the press.

As you say, Hungary is just one among many countries where this is happening.
At least the authorities were smart (or brave) enough to intervene. They don't
seem to know what they are dealing with. Microsoft is its own monarchy and in
the past it  ran quiet smear campaigns against anyone who intervened, Neelie
included. I can pull together  a lot of references to show how they abused
Neelie, if necessary.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    #ff0000 Hot Chilli Peppers
 02:00:05 up 42 days,  7:28,  5 users,  load average: 2.76, 1.72, 1.31