Re: [OT] Thunderbird plugins: Mail User Agent

____/ ml2mst on Sunday 29 July 2007 01:50 : \____

> As you can see I am a GNU/Linux user, using Mozilla Thunderbird as my
> email and news client. The great thing about Mozilla Thunderbird is that
> it supports a bunch of so called plugins, which IMHO are very useful to
> read COLA.
>
> One of the most useful plugins is the so called Mail User Agent, which
> gives you a indication of what News client a poster uses.
>
> For 99,9% the Mail User Agent plugin is reliable, because 99,9% of
> Outlook and Outlook express users are trolls in this NG. In COLA only
> one person using Outlook is a non troll (Oldtech I think) the rest of
> them are rubbish.
>
> However, just take care, because the Mail User Agent plugin shows that
> Hadron Quark is using Emacs as his news client. Emacs however has been
> ported to almost every Operating System, including Windows. Hadron
> always used misleading tactics like this, to fool the group (nothing new
> here).
>
> If you are new to COLA and GNU/Linux, the Mail User Agent plugin for
> Mozilla Thunderbird can help you to distinct the trolls from reliable
> posters.
>
> Don't let them fool you!

I have this plugin as well and I use the process that you mention above to tell
apart ham from SPAM. All those Windows zombies spew out their SPAM via Outlook
or Outlook Express, so the icon just confirms a suspicion. Another nice
extension visually displays the route of E-mails.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | How I learned to stop worrying and love GNU/Linux
 02:05:01 up 42 days,  7:33,  5 users,  load average: 2.05, 1.84, 1.48