Re: [News] [Rival] MS-BBC's DRM Toolkit DoA (Disaster on Arrival)

____/ waterskidoo on Saturday 28 July 2007 18:09 : \____

> On 2007-07-28, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> BBC Why-player
>>
>> http://www.jnlonline.co.uk/wordpress/?p=41
>>
>> iPlayer gets _HEAPS_ of bad press today. Even Windows users complain.
>>
>> BBC iPlayer beta shuns Vista and Macs
>>
>> http://www.vnu.co.uk/vnunet/news/2195167/bbc-iplayer-shuns-vista-macs
>>

> I don't know much of the BBC other than I like watching and listening
> to some of their shows, especially their classical music
> presentations, but the bonehead who came up with this iPlayer
> scheme should be fired on the spot.

Yes, that's Ashley Highfield, I suspect. I've already said in like 20 different
places (threads and forums) that he should no longer retain his job after this
fiaSCO.

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Run a Linux server, then learn how to knit