[News] Intel's Strategy Shift to Open Source and Linux

  • Subject: [News] Intel's Strategy Shift to Open Source and Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:46:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Intel Goes Open Source Crazy

,----[ Quote ]
| From all indications, Intel is taking open source seriously.
|
| [...]
|
| To be truthful, there's a lot more open source that Intel has been working
| on. This is just the most recent stuff. If you want to keep up with it, a
| good place to start is the Open Source Technology Center.
`----

http://www.ddj.com/blog/portal/archives/2007/07/intel_goes_open.html

Some might say that Intel is looking at the future and sees no windows (pun) of
opportunity.

Related:

Intel launches mobile Linux initiative

,----[ Quote ]
| Intel has unveiled an ambitious project aimed at developing open source
| software for mobile devices. The Moblin project comprises a Linux kernel, UI
| framework, browser, multimedia framework, and embedded Linux image creation
| tools, along with developer resources such as documentation, mailing lists,
| and an IRC channel.

Intel: Only "Open" for Business

,----[ Quote ]
| These vendors often want a quiet private discussion, because in a
| quiet private discussion they can continue to dismiss the requests and in
| the end do absolutely nothing. They do not want a noisy public
| discussion, because then they look bad. But they DESERVE TO LOOK BAD,
| because they are being bad to those who bought their hardware!
|
| [...]
|
| By withholding, Intel is being an Open Source fraud.
|
| [...]
|
| So let's win back the rights to run the hardware we purchased.
|
| Please feel free to let other open source communities know about this
| matter. Thank you.
`----

http://undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20060930232710&mode=expanded

Intel open sources multicore development tool

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9748598-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20