Re: [News] [Rival] FBI Puts Back Door in Microsoft Windows, Then Whines About Hijackers

Erik Jan <anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz had de volgende lumineuze gedachte op 24-07-07 14:31:
>> (never mind Microsoft's sloppiness),
>>

> Why does the world not mind Microsoft's sloppiness? Is the EULA
> juridically valid? What products (software excepted) can be delivered
> without any guarantee of quality?

I do not believe that it is in the UK, and I believe that Microsoft are
very well aware of it, however, the use this tactic to con the public
into believing that they have fewer rights than they really have.

> Could we not demand that an operating
> systems operates without corruption or degneration? After all it is sold
> to us as a computersystem that operates, works. But it does not without
> third party products that slow down the corruption or try to prevent
> assaults.

I think you could ask for your money back.

> Some years ago MS promised us that spam would by now be suppressed. It
> is not. MS promised us that Vista would be secure, the most secure
> system ever; it is not. Could we not claim damages?

Probably not, at least, not for claims.