[News] [Rival] Microsoft Watcher Witnesses Microsoft's Vista Failure

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Watcher Witnesses Microsoft's Vista Failure
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:33:53 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Retail Windows' Dim Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| I thought I had seen the worst of the new PC-buying situation. I was wrong.
|
| On Saturday, we visited friends in Fredericksburg, Va., where I had chance to
| see, not one, but two miserable Windows Vista PC buying situations. Retailers
| share the blame with manufacturers and Microsoft, which should never have
| unleashed Windows Vista Home Basic (aka Windows Basic) on unsuspecting
| consumers.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/vista/retail_windows_dim_vista.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535

Where are the trolls and marketing people who say that Vista has a decent
installed base? 6 months and just about 3% (merely cannibalising XP, which
Apple and Linux gradually devour as well).

Yesterday:

http://www.techworld.com/opsys/news/index.cfm?RSS&NewsID=9579