[News] Free Open Source Voice Recognition Software is Available

  • Subject: [News] Free Open Source Voice Recognition Software is Available
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 04:58:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Free voice recognition software that works

,----[ Quote ]
| Sphinx is speech recognition software that was developed at Carnegie Mellon
| University under DARPA funding. A few years ago, CMU released their software
| for free under a BSD license.
`----

http://smart-machines.blogspot.com/2007/06/free-voice-recognition-software-that.html

Related:

Windows Vista Speech Recognition, NOT!

,----[ Quote ]
| A recent demonstration of Windows Vista's speech recognition program
| that went wrong. You have to wonder if they will ever get Vista good
| enough to be released. It is reasons like this that I doubt I will
| ever use Vista, I think I will put a version of Linux on my next
| computer and kiss Windows goodbye forever.
`----

http://www.videorambler.com/2006/07/windows-vista-speech-recognition-not.html

Conversational Voice Recognition With Wizzard Software

,----[ Quote ]
| It converts speech directly to text, independently of the speaker. It
| doesn't require any training of the system. The technology, pioneered by
| IBM, is aimed at developers that want to integrate speech recognition
| into their applications.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6314/1/

Cape Breton police use IBM open source tools to analyze investigations

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM said wiretaps and surveillance tapes could be also be entered into
| the system, which would then mine the data for links or patterns such
| as vehicles or faces related to an investigation. IBM is basing the system
| on its Unstructured Information Management Architecture (UIMA), an open
| source database for developing analysis and search components. Big Blue
| makes UIMA available as a software developer's kit along with the core
| Java framework for industry and academia.
`----

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=40590&cid=2

Speech Recognition Software Adoption Powers Voice Applications Around the World

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/060807/0149614.html

Web-Based Platform Revolutionizes Voice Business

http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/060807/0149620.html

Linux phone offers voice navigation

,----[ Quote ]
| A Linux-based phone with mapping and voice navigation capabilities has
| gone on sale in China. The Tranzda PM328 can help users locate nearby
| businesses, such as restaurants and gas stations, and then guide
| them to their destination with voice prompts, according to GPS
| module supplier U-blox.

Fun With Microsoft Speech

,----[ Quote ]
`----