[News] Microsoft Lobbyists Come to its Rescue to Assist Monopoly Enablement

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Lobbyists Come to its Rescue to Assist Monopoly Enablement
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:46:43 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open XML recovers from brief setback to ISO approval

,----[ Quote ]
| Some in the industry are taking a middle ground on the Open XML-ODF debate
| and promoting both by emphasizing the idea of choice. Melanie Wyne, executive
| director of the Initiative for Software Choice (ISC), which promotes neutral
| government procurement, standards and public research and development
| policies for software, said her group is promoting the existence of both ODF
| and Open XML as ISO standards because having only one global standard for
| document formats is limiting to end users.
|
| [...]
|
| ISC is run by CompTIA, a U.S.-based technology industry association...
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1949008020&rid=-50

CompTIA attacked Richard Stallman now so long ago. Also, ISC has been doing
some 'legwork'. I can't recall the context.

Watch Microsoft playing with all its sockpuppets now, partners
and 'establishments' like ACT included.

Related:

Microsoft leaned on EC to spike open source report

,----[ Quote ]
| The European Commission has resisted efforts by Microsoft to make it
| abandon its report into open source software, it was revealed this week.
|
| [...]
|
| The software giant also commissioned a respected university academic to
| back its case and enlisted the help of a trade association, CompTIA.
`----

http://software.silicon.com/applications/0,39024653,39165722,00.htm

European Commission denies favouring open source

,----[ Quote ]
| The Commission's statement comes just days after it was lobbied to
| clarify its position on open source. The Initiative for Software
| Choice (ISC) wrote to the Commission immediately after the
| release of the report urging it to contact the "international
| press" to "set the record straight" over its stance. The ISC's
| external affairs are handled by CompTIA, which is funded by
| several IT vendors including Microsoft.
`----

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/30012007/152/european-commission-denies-favouring-open-source.html

MS leads lobby against open source (2002)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-949527.html