Re: Best way to combat FUD is try the software

> ____/ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on Sunday 22 July 2007 09:16 : \____
>> Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:

>>> Like [H]omer's statement?
>>>      First 911
>>>      Now 235
>>>      Microsoft is the new Al-Qaeda
>>> Is that the kind of understatment you are thinking of?

Poor Timmy. Touched a nerve did I?

I Must remember to post more of the same.

The statement seems perfectly reasonable to me. Microsoft are
terrorising the Free Software community with unfounded patent
infringement accusations. AFAIAC that's as much terrorism as
some nutter with a bomb in the subway.

>> Well, microsoft's caused more damage to the world economy
>> than Al Qaeda could ever dream of.

Economy aside, it's the damage they've done to standards, their
inhibition of choice, and their gangster-like business ethics that
bothers me. They really do behave like criminals and terrorists.

>> It's a fair statement.

IIRC it was in response to a T-Shirt slogan, which reminds me - I never
did order that T-Shirt.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Computer games don’t affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as
| kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills
| and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 20:40:35 up 21 days, 19:34,  4 users,  load average: 1.68, 1.55, 1.49