Re: Best way to combat FUD is try the software

In article <9hocn4-29s.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>, spam@xxxxxxx says...
> > ____/ spike1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx on Sunday 22 July 2007 09:16 : \____
> >> Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> did eloquently scribble:

> Poor Timmy. Touched a nerve did I?
>
> I Must remember to post more of the same.
>
> The statement seems perfectly reasonable to me. Microsoft are
> terrorising the Free Software community with unfounded patent
> infringement accusations. AFAIAC that's as much terrorism as
> some nutter with a bomb in the subway.

You can prove your point by doing this: Make two independent phone calls
to the FBI.  In one tell them that you're going to file a lawsuit
against them because some of the software they use infringes your
patents.  In the other, tell them that you are planting a bomb in their
building.  If you get the same reaction then you're correct that
Microsoft is the same as Al Qaeda.  If not...

I know how I would bet on the outcome.

--
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those that understand binary and those that don't." - Unknown