Re: Very serious bug in Ubuntu

  • Subject: Re: Very serious bug in Ubuntu
  • From: waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 12:46:28 +0000 (UTC)
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2007-07-21, [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Filed as bug #1 on Launchpad:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/1
>
> Old, but still inspiring.

That's very funny >melaughs!>
When I was a kid, a long time ago, my friends and I used
to go into the department stores and set all the alarm
clocks and clock radios to go off at the same time.
I suppose today they would call in the troops for
a possible terrorist attack in progress.

As for Ubuntu, I'm glad to see it getting a lot press
because any press is good press for Linux. Even
negatives from Microsoft will at least cause the
smarter people to investigate why Microsoft is so
against Linux and the truth will eventually come out.
You can't beat the Ubuntu support community because
they are extremely helpful, honest about problems
with the software and just a great bunch of people.
I often go to ubuntu pages to learn how to perform
various generic Linux tasks because I know I will
find answers there.
PCLinuxos has a good and growing community as well.
I feel it is a better system but I'm not about
to argue over it because there is no point.