Re: Wal-mart to Sell Ubuntu GNU/Linux PCs!

____/ dapunka on Saturday 21 July 2007 15:00 : \____

> On Jul 21, 12:25 pm, Mark Kent <mark.k...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>>
>> > Wal-mart to offer low-cost Linux PC?
>>
>> > ,----[ Quote ]
>> > `----
>>
>> >http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS6819255233.html
>>
>> > Dell, Lenovo, Epson, Acer, Asus...
>>
>> > H-P, Toshiba not confirmed yet...
>>
>> It would appear that 2007 will be a tipping-point year, the year at
>> which major OEMs began to offer pre-loaded linux machines.  I wonder
>> quite how they've got out of the Microsoft deals?
>
> I wonder what Microsoft are gonna do about this.  I mean, they're not
> exactly famed for their sense of fair play.  They see Linux being
> sold, successfully, through more and more mainstream outlets, the
> nervousness they've already betrayed with their "interoperability
> deals" will turn into outright panic... and we all know what wild
> animals do when they find themselves cornered.

They seem to have already pushed Dell into it. Dell 'joined' the
Microsoft/Novell deal, but many people seem to have forgotten about it by now.

> Maybe they'll be provoked into doing something blatantly illegal, and
> will suffer dire consequences as a result.  Or maybe they'll do
> something monstrously suicidal that will damage the entire industry.
> I think they've got that kind of mindset - "If we can't win the game,
> then /no one/ gets to play!"

You can only hope that the corrupt government gets replace. Neelie and her
commission don't have enough influence in America. When Vista was release,
many large companies ran over to Europe to complain. They didn't even think
about trying the US court, which is filled with Microsoft lobbyists
and 'pals'. Just watch how fruitless Google's case against Vista has been. The
government is Microsot, Microsoft is the government. Only in America can
commerce run the government so effectively (third world nations aside).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Download Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Swap:  1510068k total,   353832k used,  1156236k free,   102056k cached