Re: [News] Linux Market Share Over 21% in India?

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> "We are implementing Linux in large govt projects across the country"
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Infact, Linux is continuously improving its position. This can be proved
> | by an IDC report which says that in June 2006 Microsoft had 68 percent
> | of the marketshare and Linux had 21 percent whereas in 2005, Microsoft
> | had 70 percent and Linux had 11 percent.
> `----

You cannot trust market share measurements/estimates for Linux.

All you can count is the number of licenses deployed with something like the
Indian government, and then that might give you a rock bottom estimate.
Nothing even close to the actual presence.