[News] [Rival] Bad News to Security, Windows Lets Feds Watch Your Keystrokes, Access PC

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Bad News to Security, Windows Lets Feds Watch Your Keystrokes, Access PC
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 16:38:05 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Researchers Seek Cash for Software Flaws

,----[ Quote ]
| For some security researchers who uncover flaws in leading computer programs,
| a nod of appreciation from software companies is no longer enough. Now they
| want money.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070721/selling_security_info.html?.v=5

Week in review: Keyloggers and crime fighters

,----[ Quote ]
| Federal agents have a new weapon in the war on crime: keyloggers.
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-1083_3-6197799.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Shame on NatWest. They assume people have keyloggers (Windows malware), so
login is very cumbersome.

Why would a high-street bank need to have corridor pages with ads for security
software (never mind what O/S the visitor uses):

"Win one of 500 McAfee Internet Security Suite 2007 Packages (RRP 49.99GBP)
when you make a payment during July

If you use OnLine banking to make a payment during July, we will enter you into
our Free Prize Draw for a chance to win one of 500 McAfee Internet Security
Suite 2007 CDs. With this package, you can enjoy 8 in 1 protection when you
surf the web, shop, bank and e-mail. We have 500 to give-away, so make a
payment for a chance to win!"

That's what you have to click through every time you log in... to a national
banking institution.

Intel sues firm with ex-FBI agent for allegedly stealing its identity

,----[ Quote ]