[News] [Linux] New NVIDIA Drivers Show Feature Improvements, Benchmarked

NVIDIA 100.14.09 Display Driver

,----[ Quote ]
| New in version 100.14.09 is added GeForce 8 and Quadro product
| support, improved notebook GPU support, improved RenderAccel
| support for sub-pixel anti-aliased fonts, added Xv brightness
| and contrast controls, improved interaction with newer kernels,
| and fixing an issue with nvidia-settings. The new yet-to-be-released
| GeForce 8 names have also tipped up in the release notes.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=745&num=1

Related:

Nouveau: A First Look

,----[ Quote ]
| So when will the Nouveau driver be ready? The Wiki states that the
| project should be mostly usable in autumn 2007. Keith Packard had
| previously expressed hope that the driver would be ready in time
| for the X.Org 7.3 release.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=614&num=1

Kernel Space: State of the Nouveau project

,----[ Quote ]
| While NVidia refuses to release programming information for
| its video chipsets, one ambitious project is reverse
| engineering the hardware to develop open source support.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/012407-kernel.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

First Open Graphics board appears

,----[ Quote ]
| This project is on the basis that a GPU should not end up with
| tons of propriatary software or hardware, containing hidden
| problems that aren't mentioned to the press, and yet cause
| nervous breakdowns for developers worldwide.

Interview: Timothy Miller, Open Graphics Project

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://linuxgazette.net/130/ruecker.html