Re: [News] [Linux] Microsoft Loses from Its Linux Patent Gripes

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Wednesday 06 June 2007 23:30 \__

> Nerdwizard wrote:
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>> Microsoft's Open Source Patent Gripes: Everyone Loses?
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.linuxinsider.com/rsstory/57653.html
>>>

>>> Related:
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>     OOPS!~!~!~ 1373 as of 3:51 on 2007-06-06 (D - Day!)
>>      http://digitaltippingpoint.com/wiki/index.php?title=SMFM_list_page_11
>>

> It's interesting reading the comments. There is so much venom and certainly
> no love lost over microsoft.

Be aware that Microsoft employees (not just shills) participate in a lot of
blogs, without disclosure.

Example from last week:

SCO was Microsoft's patent warm-up act

,----[ Quote ]
| In this case, it looks like SCO was a definite precursor to
| Microsoft's patent charade, what with a "right to use" Linux,
| covenants not to sue, etc. Meager minds think alike?
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/05/sco_was_microso.html

First comment:

,----[ Quote ]
| Backhanded compliments are always transparent. If you want your blog to
| have any credibility at all, you might want to consider putting some
| facts in with your opinion. You might also consider putting more of
| your own words in a blog post. You seem to have put the other blog'sw
| ords in your own little wrapper -- hoping to get credit for the ideas.
|

| [MATT'S NOTE: The IP address for this one came from One Microsoft
| Way in Redmond, WA. Imagine that.]
| Posted by: Tobin (Microsoft Employee) at May 29, 2007 08:39 AM

                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
Tasks: 137 total,   1 running, 132 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie