[News] [Rival] Hardware Makers Confirm That Vista Sales Disappointment

Memory chipmakers brace for tough quarter

,----[ Quote ]
| Industry headed for loss; DRAM suppliers overshot Vista demand: analyst
|
| Personal computer sales cannot take off fast enough for the makers
| of computer-memory chips known as DRAM, an industry on pace to suffer
| one of its worst business quarters this decade.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/dram-chipmakers-suffer-worst-quarter/story.aspx?guid=%7BB15928E6-7034-4FAB-86C0-45CBA08AAD68%7D
http://tinyurl.com/2vhe99

Underwhelming, but PR puts a spin. That's what Microsoft does best. Who are
they kidding? It was a flop. Project Longhorn was buried and Vista is a
buggy consolution price that is inferior to its predecessor.

Related:

Microsoft Partner Points to Soft Vista Demand

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, it's difficult to say how well Vista is doing. Yes, Microsoft
| has sold more than 20 million Vista licenses. But how many customers
| actually requested the operating system? And how many more would send
| it back to Redmond, if only they knew how? Based on all the negative
| Vista buzz, Apple is actually suggesting that the Vista party is over
| before it starts.
|
| In reality, PC vendors are selling boatloads of Vista systems to
| consumers. But perhaps not as many as expected. How else can you
| explain Dell's decision to re-introduce Windows XP on some systems while
| at the same time launching consumer PCs with Ubuntu Linux preinstalled.
`----

http://techiqmag.com/2007/05/10/microsoft-partner-points-to-soft-vista-demand/

Nine burning questions about how Vista is really doing

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9021838
http://tinyurl.com/2u6gzq