[News] [Rival] Windows is Facing Naming Problems, Could Take Microsoft to Court

Microsoft attacked over Vista name

,----[ Quote ]
| Accord to PC Inpact, Philippe Gildas registered the trademark Vista in the
| autumn of 2003, with the mark covering a number of media aimed at the older
| sort of citizen.

Also here:

Microsoft Does NOT Owe The Word "Vista"

http://webtechlog.blogspot.com/2007/06/microsoft-does-not-owe-word-vista.html

Recent:

Microsoft, Wal-Mart sued over baby's death

,----[ Quote ]
| While the figurative jury is still out as to whether video games harm our
| youth by inciting them to commit violence, loiter unnecessarily, and utter
| profanities, a real flesh-and-blood jury may soon be deciding if one faulty
| Xbox was to blame for the December 2004 death of an Illinois baby.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/24/microsoft-wal-mart-sued-over-babys-death/

Jack Thompson Lays His Legal Sights on Halo 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Just when you thought it was safe to check your inbox. Miami attorney
| and anti-game activist Jack Thompson was back at it again today. It
| seems Mr. Thompson is taking issue with the pending release of
| Microsoft's Halo 3 game, currently being enjoyed by 360 owners
| everywhere with its multiplayer beta.
`----

http://www.gamealmighty.com/story-individual/story/Jack_Thompson_Lays_His_Legal_Sites_on_Halo_3/
http://tinyurl.com/22qjgy

Lawsuit spotlights Vista's hefty hardware needs

,----[ Quote ]
| If you bought a Windows Vista Capable PC late last year and want to
| move up to the Home Premium version of the Vista operating system,
| you may already need a hardware upgrade.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9015701

Court: Microsoft, Best Buy must stand trial for racketeering

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/stories/001/?ID=5059