[News] [Rival] Windows Vista Under Stress, Just XP in a New Gown

BearItAll reported some Vista booting issues yesterday (yes, the bugs!).
Apparently, this isn't an isolated incident. Just yesterday:

5 Quick Ways to Fix a Non-Booting Vista Install

,----[ Quote ]
| Now that you are in the command prompt, type the following commands,
| pressing enter after each line. NOTE: step 5 could take around 2-3
| hours depending on how big your hard drive is.
|
|    1. bootrec /fixmbr
|    2. bootrec /rebuildbcd
|    3. bootrec /fixboot
|    4. bootrec /scanos
|    5. chkdsk /r
`----

http://mactyler.com/?p=6

Wow! Vista breaks itself and it requires the *GASP* command line. How is that
for "user friendly"?

Just how new is Windows Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| So it seems that maybe Vista has some new parts cobbled together with
| some old parts. I'm not saying this is bad or anything, because nothing
| is ever really 100% brand new any more, but the problem is that I keep
| running into quirks of all sorts in Vista that are basically the same
| or slight tangents off of Windows XP.
`----

http://www.dodoskido.com/archives/002908-just-how-new-is-windows-vista.html

The old Longhorn build, which resurfaced last week, proves this. Microsoft
had other plans, but it could not handle the complexity, so it settled for a
facelift.

UAC in gaming...?

http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lolyt1.jpg