Re: Microsoft continues to divide the community

__/ [ Linonut ] on Monday 04 June 2007 18:19 \__

http://news.com.com/Microsoft+teams+with+Linux+distributor+Xandros/2100-7344_3-6188254.html

>>>    The pact calls for Microsoft to provide patent covenants for Xandros
>>>    customers that ensure they are not infringing on Microsoft's
>>>    intellectual property, according to the companies.
>>
>> M$ is using the old adage: Everyone has a price.  So they are buying out
>> each distro trying to kill linux.
>
> That's what Ballmer said:  "We know how to compete (ha ha) against
> companies."
>
> I guess we'll always have RedHat and Ubuntu/Debian.  Maybe Sun.
> Gentoo.  Any other major distros still unencumbered by the proprietary
> crowd?

They tried to get Linspire too, but this failed. This routine will never work
and GPLv3 will make it obsolete. It is aware of Microsoft's 3-year-old
scheme and it cuts it at the root. Microsoft knows this, but it hopes it can
still change/sabotage GPLv3. They still lose.

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Here be hills, there be dragons!
Tasks: 142 total,   2 running, 136 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie