Re: Everyone off the mountain!!!!

__/ [ Jim Hubbard ] on Monday 04 June 2007 19:21 \__

> "Microsoft teams with Linux distributor Xandros"
> (http://news.com.com/2100-7344-6188254.html?tag=tb)
>
> It seems the linux snowball is slowly gaining steam.
>
> What you are about to witness is the OS version of a snowball rolling
> downhill.  As more Linux distors fold under the threat of patent
> infringment lawsuits by Microsoft, more and more distros will fold.
>
> Microsoft is counting on this...and Xandros has given Microsoft its second
> key victory.  Had Xandros borrowed a nut and stood up to Microsoft,
> Microsoft's case for patent infringement would have continued to lose
> credibility.
>
> Everyone should email Xandros a big, fat "Thanks for nothing!" email every
> time they think of how Xandros just screwed the Linux community.
>
> The only email address I could find listed on the website (I didn't look
> long.) was support@xxxxxxxxxxx .
>
> There's nothing you can do to stop it.  So, it's best to sit back, watch,
> learn and warn future generations.  Maybe they can get it right.

It's Crossover Office they are worried about. Xandors is quite irrelevant
anyway and GPLv3 will eliminate all the concerns people may have. This
confirms Microsoft's fear of Wine (and its relatives), which make Windows
obsolete.

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Microsoft: a device for converting public ignorance into cash
Mem:    514480k total,   479976k used,    34504k free,     6052k buffers