Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Guy Names Daughter "Vista Avalon"

In article <1417334.31UHyDHyFd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

> Introducing the New Vista iPod
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Vista Avalon Simser was born May 18th at 18:10 MST, weighing in at
> | 5 pounds and 11 ounces (well, 10.6 ounces but the hospital seems
> | to round it up).
> `----
>
> http://weblogs.asp.net/bsimser/archive/2007/06/02/introducing-the-new-vista-ip
> od.aspx
>
> Child abuse. Does he not realise that 10 years from now, children at school
> would ridicule her for being Microsoft's flop? There was some law in Sweden
> which forbade assign odd names to one's own child.

She won't have a problem:

   There are two reactions we get from her name. Probably everyone
   reading this blog, is the first reaction. "You named your daughter
   after an operating system?". The other is "Oh that's such a pretty
   name". We can separate the nerds from the norms with the reaction.

--
--Tim Smith