Re: NOVL Rocket Blasts Off!

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Sunday 03 June 2007 03:24 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ John A. Bailo ] on Friday 01 June 2007 16:55 \__
>>
>>> Breaking past 8....
>>>
>>> http://finance.yahoo.com/q?d=t&s=NOVL
>>
>> They do of course realise that their deal is kaput
>
> And they are breathing a sigh of relief for that.
>
>> and that one analysts
>> rates NOVL a "strong sell".
>
> Right...a pro-MS analyst.
>
>> The company operates at a loss...
>
> Stocks are valued on cash flow and future growth.
>
> NOVL is a sky train.

To their credit, their PR team does some damage control at the moment. They
contrast what the GPLv3 actually says and deceive the media for all I can
tell. Some people at Redmond are going to pop another vein soon. Their plans
to cash in on all Linux sales have gone up in flames. They have had it
planned for (at least) 3 years when Longhorn had a development collapse and
(a broken) USPTO was seen as a last resort.

Those straws are getting damp. What can Microsoft cling onto? Zune? XBoRx?

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  4:00am  up 35 days 12:22,  10 users,  load average: 0.71, 0.95, 1.07