Re: Poll: Linux: 50%, Mac: ~33%, Vista: ~23%

On Jun 1, 7:03 pm, "ness...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<ness...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Jun 1, 4:43 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Give me open source say readers
>
> > ,----[ Quote ]
> > | Nearly half of you who took our last poll said that given the choice,
> > | you'd like open source 'no rules' operating system Ubuntu 7.04 loaded
> > | onto a new PC. Another 33.8 per cent said you'd prefer Mac OS X Tiger,
> > | while less than a quarter (23.1 per cent) would opt for Microsoft's
> > | Vista.
> > `----
>
> >http://m-net.net.nz/1682/latest-news/latest-news/give-me-open-source-...
>
> Noticed this quote:
> "Ever noticed that computers used as props in adverts, movies or TV
> shows will nearly always be an Apple?"
>
> No, I hadn't, but I don't watch any tv and few movies (young child
> keeps us at home).  Whatcha want to bet that Linux will start to
> appear in movies in the next year or so?  (They appeared on Michael
> Dell's desk, so why not?)

I am sorry to disappoint you guys...

I also thought that Harry Anderson (Judge Harold T. "Harry" Stone from
"Night Court"), Jerry Seinfeld or Dilbert advertised the Macintosh out
of their good hearts or perhaps as genuine convert Apple evangelists.
There may be some of that factor, but I read in and article that Apple
is a master of "product placement". They have made many deals to have
the Mac prominently displayed. We are talking about capitalism in
action, not altruism.

Back in the 70s, the James Bond films showed and credited cars from
Ford or GM. In the latest double-o-seven films the four-wheeled star
is BMW.

Who is going to pay to have the penguin in the big or small screen?

-Ramon