Re: [Linux] Poll: Linux: 50%, Mac: ~33%, Vista: ~23%

__/ [ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Saturday 02 June 2007 01:03 \__

> On Jun 1, 4:43 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Give me open source say readers
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Nearly half of you who took our last poll said that given the choice,
>> | you'd like open source 'no rules' operating system Ubuntu 7.04 loaded
>> | onto a new PC. Another 33.8 per cent said you'd prefer Mac OS X Tiger,
>> | while less than a quarter (23.1 per cent) would opt for Microsoft's
>> | Vista.
>> `----
>>
>> http://m-net.net.nz/1682/latest-news/latest-news/give-me-open-source-...
>
> Noticed this quote:
> "Ever noticed that computers used as props in adverts, movies or TV
> shows will nearly always be an Apple?"
>
> No, I hadn't, but I don't watch any tv and few movies (young child
> keeps us at home).  Whatcha want to bet that Linux will start to
> appear in movies in the next year or so?  (They appeared on Michael
> Dell's desk, so why not?)

Linvocate: Heroes on NBC Features Linux
http://www.newtnotes.com/?itemid=189&catid=3

--
                ~~ Best regards

Linux is like a girlfriend; try to stick to one distribution for a lifetime
  2:05am  up 34 days 10:27,  11 users,  load average: 0.94, 0.70, 0.85