[News] [Linux] Novell and Microsoft Are Shaken as GPL is Shaped to Punish Them

Microsoft 'defeated' by GPL3

,----[ Quote ]
| "We believe we can do more to protect the community by allowing Novell
| to use software under GPL3 than by forbidding it to do so," the FSF
| stated in a Final Discussion Draft Rationale document to explain the
| most recent changes.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2191142/gplv3-claims-victory-microsoft

Novell fears closing of GPL loophole

| "We may need to modify our relationship with Microsoft under
| less advantageous terms than our current agreement," Novell
| said in a section of its annual report that lists potential
| 'risk factors'.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2191012/novell-trembles-wake-closing

Novell Q2 2007 Results: Still a long way to go

http://www.ovum.com/news/euronews.asp?id=5798

Novell "underperform"

http://www.newratings.com/analyst_news/article_1542860.html