[News] [Linux] Fedora 7 Plays Nice with KDE, Aging Hardware

Fedora 7 Release Adds Installable KDE Live CD

,----[ Quote ]
| The Fedora Project has announced the immediate availability of
| their latest release, Fedora 7 (Moonshine) including, for the
| first time, a KDE live CD/DVD showcasing KDE and KDE applications,
| which can also be installed to the hard disk, resulting in a
| regular Fedora installation with KDE.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1180620522/

Fedora 7 runs just fine on aging europa

,----[ Quote ]
| Compiz works like a charm on this aging platform with the ATI 9700
| Pro. Here's a few screen captures of Compiz running like a champ. I
| have never personally had a live CD boot and have Compiz perform
| flawlessly before Fedora 7. My hat's off to the Fedora developers.
| You guys done good.
`----

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2007/06/fedora-7-runs-just-fine-on-aging-europa.html

Related:

Fedora: champions of community!

,----[ Quote ]
| Let's not forget, either, Fedora sticks to a fairly rigid policy
| regarding licenses: if it doesn't qualify as Free or Open Source
| then it doesn?t get included in the distribution.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/fedora_champions_of_community

Fedora 7 Moonshine - first impressions

,----[ Quote ]