[News] [Evil] The Guardian Says More on Intel's OLPC Interception Attempts

Which laptop per child?

,----[ Quote ]
| The chipmaking giant Intel is accused of damaging the non-profit scheme to
| provide cheap laptops for the developing world. It says it's helping.
|
| [...]
|
| It is not the first time that Intel has been accused of using its
| near monopoly to overpower rivals - for example, it is being
| investigated by the European Commission over allegations of
| anti-competitive behaviour. AMD, Intel's only major rival and
| the company which supplies the chips inside the XO-1, did not
| waste an opportunity to go on the offensive.
|
| "What we have here is an infinitely powerful monopoly
| metaphorically threatening to break the kneecaps of a non-profit
| if it doesn't 'get in line'," wrote AMD spokesman Michael
| Silverman in a letter published on the Barron's website.
`----

http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/story/0,,2091248,00.html

Related:

Merrill: Intel's More Interested In Crushing AMD Than Improving Margins

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070309/29149_id.html?.v=1