Re: [News] [Linux] Airplanes Adopt StarOffice on GNU/Linux

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Thursday 31 May 2007 14:28 \__

> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
>>> StarOffice, Linux fly high on Singapore Airlines
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS2964256534.html
>>>
>>> No wonder Microsoft tries the 'patent card' against OpenOffice.
>>
>> [Moooooooo ... thud].
>>

> How things have moved on.  Even airlines are hosting office packages
> now.

Q: Why not use Microsoft Office then?

A: I guess airlines do not consider crashes a "feature".

Microsoft: Word 2007 crashes are a feature, not bug

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;377659799

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: Brazil spans 47.8% of S. America
  2:05am  up 33 days 10:27,  9 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.54, 0.57