Re: [News] [Rival] Who Ever Said That Choosing Microsoft Keeps Your Job Safe?

Verily I say unto thee, that William Poaster spake thusly:

> Apart from the iSoft investigation, I find it curious that no questions
> (to my knowledge) have been asked in Parliament about this wasted money.
> Such as "WHO authorised M$ to undertake this £40 billion project?"

>From the top down:

Cheesy Blair
Fuckwit Hewitt
Andy Burnham (NHS finance).

AFAICT there are debates and shouting matches about this fiasco all the
time, it's just that nobody has the balls to say "We screwed up, so
let's just scrap the whole thing and start again". They're doing the
same thing with the National ID card too.

IMHO they should also sue iSoft, if they aren't already.

> "Just *where* has this UK taxpayers money gone?"

Same place as the rest of it, into some old-boy/Freemason's back pocket.

> Though I've no doubt that Bliar would sidestep the issue.

No he'll just ignore it. That's the dictator's prerogative.

> IMO a Parliamentary committee should be set up to investigate how M$ &
> its partners have wasted this money, & *why* Gates was given an honorary
> knighthood (March 2005) while this swindle (started in Nov 2004) was
> being perpetrated at the time. (iSoft is/was a M$ partner).
> (Though on reflection that should perhaps be done in the "Cash for
> Honors" investigation).

You don't need a committee for that, I can tell you right now - corruption.

> As a side note, it was reported a while ago that "The Bill and Melinda
> Gates Foundation is currently working on a global health programme in the
> developing world."

I'm sure OPEC will be overjoyed.

http://tinyurl.com/ymcnh9 (LA Times)

> After this fiasco, the developing world should be very, *very* wary.
> If they aren't, may their god help them.

It's just another day in the life of the poor and exploited.

Apple do it. Nike (just) do it (ho ho), and God knows the pharmaceutical
companies have been doing it for decades.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "People are not happy in stinking hellholes of abject poverty, what
| is true is that once you cross subsistence ... additional increases
| in wealth have virtually no effect on well-being ... This is worth
| knowing in case you have a choice between "X" and making more
| money, almost certainly "X" is what you should choose."
|   - Barry Schwartz
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 05:23:10 up 14 days, 17:08,  3 users,  load average: 3.91, 3.60, 2.82