Re: [Linux] Sun's ZFS Runs in Linux, But Still Falls Short

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Rozzie
<rozziewilton@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:07:03 -0400
<f599hk$31s$1@xxxxxxxx>:
> Ramon F Herrera wrote:
>
>> Well, for one thing, it's author, Reiser, killed his wife, so I don't
>> suppose he will be available to do much development work. Next, the
>> Reiser filesystem is tied no Novell. I wiped it out from all my
>> servers within hours of hearing that Novell is now a Microsoft peon.
>>
>> I never liked the fact that a filesystem has a person's name.
>>
>> -Ramon
>
> Oh, I didn't know that. I thought Reiser was open sourced?
> How can Novell make claim to it?

/usr/src/linux/fs/reiserfs/README

indicates GPLv2.  Novell, of course, can make claim to
anything it wishes, but one hopes it can prove its claim
in open court.  The files I have are dated 2002.

As for Reiser committing murder, that is also to be
discussed in court, presumably.  Not sure how relevant
it is to code quality, though yttrx (I don't have his
full email) has made some interesting allegations here
regarding reiserfs's quality in the past (mostly related
to its non-transactional nature internally).

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux sucks efficiently, but Windows just blows around
a lot of hot air and vapor.