Re: influence peddling on capitol hill ..

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Open Source Foes In Bed With Abramoff

http://politics.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/10/12/2036223&from=rss
Welcome to politics.
When I first studied government in school and was introduced to the term "lobbyist" I made a comment to the teacher that it sounded like legal bribery to me. She proceeded to explain why it was not, but again I asked the question "so where is the lobbyist for the little person, like me for example"? The answer of course was my representatives to which I replied something like "so why would they listen to me when they
can be wined and dined by professional lobbyists"?
And so it went.
That was my first education in politics and I never forgot it.