[News] [OSS] The Free/Open Revolution is Coming

  • Subject: [News] [OSS] The Free/Open Revolution is Coming
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:37:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open Source Life: How the open movement will change everything

,----[ Quote ]
| This is but one example of how the concept of open source has changed our
| lives already. Over the next 10 years or so, we’ll be seeing many more
| examples, and the effects could change just about every aspect of our
| lives.
| Linux
|
| The open-source concept was popularized through GNU and the GPL, and
| it has spread ever since, in an increasingly rapid manner. The
| open-source OS, Linux, has been growing in users exponentially over
| the last few years...
`----

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/technology/open-source-life-how-the-open-movement-will-change-everything.html

This one is about Wikipedia (knowledge) and software. Another aspect of this is
audio/video. Google Video says goodnight. It will fully converge with YouTube.
These things appear to gradually replace Old Media, which is less interactive
and more restrictive. In the news:

YouTube makes international move

,----[ Quote ]
| "It's not just about translating, it also about creating content
| unique to certain countries."

Microsoft's Soapbox is virtually irrelevant, just like the rest of their
on-line services.