Re: How difficult would it be to copy Yoggie?

____/ Jim Hubbard on Tuesday 19 June 2007 10:12 : \____

> "Jim Hubbard" <Jim@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Yoogie is evidentally Linux running on a USB stick with "13 built-in
>> security applications" to make surfing safer when on the road.
>>
>> How easy would it be to make an open source clone of this device?  I'm
>> asking because I am not that familiar with the open source applications
>> available that could be used to replace the closed source apps used to
>> make Yoggie.
>
>  guess a link wouldn't hurt, huh?
>
> http://www.yoggie.com/

You would still need someone to manufacture the thing (Yoggie wouldn't give a
discount on theirs if you re-flashed it) and then mass production comes into
play. You could probably clone it indeed, but then again, at least for the
moment, it's Windows-only and it's a case of proprietary S/W (e.g. traditional
AV binaries) that protect a proprietary O/S. It just diverts some work to an
off-board circuit. Linux doesn't need this unless you take the insurance
company's attitude and promise people hell unless they shell out some money.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Far away from home, robots build people"
Tasks:  99 total,   1 running,  98 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie