Re: [News] [Linux] Red Hat: Microsoft is Hurting Itself by Becoming a Bully, Spreading FUD in the Media

____/ 7 on Monday 18 June 2007 21:52 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Patent threats bad for Microsoft business - Red Hat
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Microsoft going around threatening customers with patent litigation does
>> | not make good business sense. This is according to Red Hat's Middle
>> | East and Africa channel sales manager, David Postel, who was speaking
>> | in Johannesburg last week.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.tectonic.co.za/view.php?src=rss&id=1594
>

> Who would have thought last year that Linux would reduce
> Micoshaft Corporation into a patent trolling company within a year?
> SCO$ should have patented the patent trolling business model,
> because I think Micoshaft Corporation wants to muscle in on
> this patent troll market to steal it and use it for itself!!

Your assessment might be correct. They are no longer shy about their (bad)
image. SCO or not SCO, they have just sued a small company (nothing related to
Linux though). Let's see how a company of marketers and defence attorneys
turns into a groups of propaganda marketers, shills, and 'offence' lawyers.

That company used to be about technology and engineering, but these days are
behind us. Microsoft is not just employing trolls. It *is* a troll. SCO's
poppa's comes to school to help his son unleash some terror onto the
classroom. When this story is over, it will certainly make a good Wikipedia
article that will teach future generations how giant corporations can rise and
quickly fall, due to brutality, disregard to antitrust laws, and fraud.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Seeing bad movies only encourages them"
roy      pts/0        cg001a.halls.man Mon Jun 18 17:12   still logged in