Re: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista Disappoints Acer and GPU Makers

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> Acer revises down this year's revenue growth projection
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Acer Inc yesterday revised downward its revenue growth to less than 40
> | percent, citing a weaker-than-expected impact from the release of
> | Microsoft's Vista operating system.
> `----
>
> http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/biz/archives/2007/06/15/2003365394

Perhaps they will observe, even maybe follow, the phenomenal growth of
Lenovo, with installed Linux systems, and Dell Ubuntu units?

> Microsoft Vista failed to spur graphics board business
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | More data from Jon Peddie Research confirmed the anecdotal
> | evidence the channel has relayed to us about the introduction
> | of Microsoft Vista.
> `----
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=40343

Wait, wait!  Don't tell me!  No good graphics systems actually work well
on Microsoft's bloated platform, Vista, that is about 20 to 25% SLOWER
than XP!  All of Hollywood, perhaps followed by Bollywood studios, are
rendering in the GIMP, on GNU/Linux clusters!