Re: [Linux] Mockups of Ubuntu Mobile, Screenshots of KDE 4 Oxygen Style

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-mobile/attachments/20070612/11d325d7/attachment-0001.png

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-mobile/attachments/20070613/a37c6535/attachment-0001.jpg
>> `----
> I like the look of that first mock-up.

...Very Brushed Metal-like though. It has been possible to install such
themes for years. Imitation is a funny thing and distributor seem to try to
avoid it.

> Is Ubuntu Mobile aimed just at the PDA/pocket computer, or are there
> going to be phones using it too?  I remember reading that Motorola had
> a phone running Ubuntu, but I never got to see one.

This interface (second screenshot in particular) is similar to Nokia's
Maemo, which is GTK-based. Ubuntu is going for Intel's MIDs primarily, but
the code is sufficiently flexible, so it could be put on smartphones too.
UMPC/Smartphone/MID/phone... same thing almost, but different buzzword with
relation to size and/or functionality.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    make install -not war
http://Schestowitz.com  |  RHAT GNU/Linux   �     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
         run-level 2  2007-06-16 03:38                   last=