Re: Linspire latest sell out to Microsoft Patent FUD

__/ [ Jim Hubbard ] on Thursday 14 June 2007 08:18 \__

> "Geico Caveman" <spammers-go-here@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> They're dropping like flies.......maybe Microsoft really *has* got
>>> something to threaten them with...
>>>
>>> If not, why are so many folding under the MS threats?  I assume they'd
>>> want to see something before giving in to the Micropoly.
>>>
>>> jim
>>
>> Barring Novell/SuSe, the other two companies that have made these deals
>> are/were miniscule players on the Linux scene. Perhaps they saw that they
>> could make no headway against the likes of Ubuntu, Debian, Redhat etc. and
>> decided to make a deal before GPLv3 came into play. This could well be
>> their management's retirement deal.
>
> Perhaps Debian, Ubuntu, Red Hat and others should form a sort of legal
> alliance against Microsoft.

Ubuntu's founder has already called it racketeering and said it was illegal.
Red Hat has a asimilar stance. It wants standards-based interoperability.

Linspire and Xandros, as some said already, are insignificant. They carely
give anything to Linux. Novell, on the other hand, was a real loss. Linspire
has been weak for over a month, so it's not at all surprising.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*