Re: dvd burner is to slow

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 19:55:32 -0700, caroline_peek@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have windows vista. The dvd burner is to slow. It took me 8 hours
>to burn a dvd. Is there any way to make it faster? Could I be doing it
>wrong or is thia the way it is? If there is a fast one I could use the
>info. Thanks

It should only take a few minutes to burn a DVD.  As Roy indicated,
there are issues with the Vista burning utility. It is known to be
very slow but even Vista's burn utility shouldn't be THAT slow.

You could try some 3rd party software such as Nero 7 which
should be a lot faster.

You might want to bring up the task manager to see if there's
any programs running that are eating up CPU and Memory
while you're tying to burn.

Also try shutting down any anti-virus package you might have running
while you are burning.

Also try a different brand of media. Not all media brands work well
with all DVD burners.

Its also possible that you might simply have a bad DVD burner. Try
a different burner if possible.