Re: Microsoft Takes Over Massachusetts, Ignores Open Source Policies

On Jun 12, 11:03 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> __/ [ Ramon F Herrera ] on Wednesday 13 June 2007 04:00 \__

> >> But under the Bush Administration actually expenditures for government
> >> agencies purchasing Linux products and services has skyrocketed.
>
> >> Items include:
>
> >> A multibillion dollar contract from NASA with HP for Linux/Unix.
>
> >> Increasing usage and expenditure by the DoD and armed services for Linux
> >> products and services especially work in embedded Linux for hardware.
>
> >> The outright delay of the FAA and other agencies to use Vista.
>
> >> --http://You-Read-It-Here-First.com
>
> > Yeah, we can safely conclude that the Bush Administration has been
> > much more Linux and OSS friendly than the Carter/Johnson and Kennedy
> > administrations combined.
>
> At the time, open source was assumed and the Free software moverment wasn't
> even born (why give birth to something that's already alive and thrives
> everywhere?).
>
> --
>                 ~~ Best of wishes
> Roy S. Schestowitz      | <http://debian.org>http://Schestowitz.com |  RHAT GNU/Linux   ¦     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
>   5:00am  up 1 day 20:56,  8 users,  load average: 1.53, 1.01, 1.09
>      http://iuron.com- help build a non-profit search engine

Bailo was comparing Clinton and Bush administrations' support of OSS
when -hopefully- every new administration will be more informed and
supporting of the advantages of OSS. He is not really comparing Reps
v. Dems, he was comparing the state of government/OSS in the 1990s vs.
the 2000s. The sooner date obviously wins.

Since he pulled that trick on me, I am getting back at him...

As a better comparison, it will be interesting to see the support of
the Clinton administration (the next one, that is) for OSS, from from
2009 on.

-Ramon