Re: LINA brings Linux apps over to Windows, Mac users

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Tuesday 12 June 2007 19:09 \__

> http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;522451593
>
>> Fans of cross-platform computing and the "write-once-run-anywhere" concept
> of applications and software will want to take a look at LINA. The open
> source software company plans to debut its eponymous (but note the
> capitalisation) LINA platform this month.
>> The product is an operating system shim for non-Linux machines, and
> software development environments, which allows Windows, Mac OS X and Unix
> machines to run software written specifically for Linux-based desktops and
> servers.

They had a lot of media attention a couple of weeks ago when they revealed
the product in OSBC. I wonder how long they can keep people aware of this
wonderful product. Remember the Surface/Silverlight/Vista hype? Where has it
all gone? Oh, that's right. The marketing budget ran out and people just
returned to mice/touchscreens/Flash/XP.

One person' diction is another's verbiage
Mem:    514480k total,   480828k used,    33652k free,     4340k buffers