Re: Help - Grammar Pgm/Plug-In For Open Office, Win(Wine) or Linux

__/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Monday 11 June 2007 18:58 \__

> On Jun 11, 1:09 pm, flyer <f...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've seen several in developement.
>>
>> Recommendations please.
>>
>> I need to use one right away for a project.
>
> If you want a grammer checker, try "style" and "diction".
>
> There are several grammer and style checkers in OSS
>
> http://freshmeat.net/projects/diction/
> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/10/15/1312216&from=rss
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/queequeg/
> http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Word-Processing/Excalibur.shtml
>

> Welsh?
> http://www.klebran.org.uk/gwella.php?lg=en
>
> Spanish?
> http://www.programurl.com/software/spanish-grammar.htm
>
> There have been several grammer checkers written in prolog.
> Check out edinborough prolog.

Some of these raise too many false positives to be actually useful. This
includes what I have been seeing in Microsoft Office when glancing at the
screen of other people who use it. It probably all depends on how quickly
one types and whether proofreading is an option. Any highlighting that
should not be there simply becomes a distraction.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
  9:05pm  up  13:01,  7 users,  load average: 4.45, 2.27, 1.42